Freelance language experts
Legal translation and revision
Versacom is Canada’s largest professional translation firm and currently looking to build new collaborations with lawyer-linguists—translators and revisers—who are Bar members and ideally members of OTTIAQ (Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec) or ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario). With our clients entrusting us with an ever-growing number of highly interesting legal translation and revision projects, from French to English and vice-versa, we’re in the process of growing our dedicated collaborator team, mostly for legal revision work, but also for occasional legal translation projects. Building on our core values of insight, heart and strength for nearly 27 years, we have firmly established ourselves as the undisputed leader in the language industry. This leadership is reflected in our commitment to the highest standards of professional, ethical and business conduct, and in the hundreds of clients we serve, each of which boasts unrivalled prestige in its field.
- Revise specialized legal translations in English or French within established time frames and in keeping with Versacom’s and your profession’s stringent quality standards
- Validate the translators’ terminology and documentary research and conduct any further research required
- Maximize each text’s strategic effectiveness in keeping with client objectives
- Use translation-assistance, research and management tools judiciously (as applicable)
- Ensure effective and constructive communications with colleagues and clients—verbally as well as in writing.
Education and skills
- A university degree (bachelor’s or higher) in law and entered on the Roll as member in good standing of the Bar
- Ideally, a university degree (bachelor’s or higher) in translation
- Ideally, accreditation from OTTIAQ (Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec) or ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario)
- At least five years’ experience revising English-to-French or French-to-English legal translations
- At least five years’ experience in legal translation
- Flawless command of English and French
- Ability to deliver turnkey translation or revision that requires no further quality control
- High level of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness
- Professionalism and a strong client focus
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills.
*All fields are mandatory.