English reviser – Technical fields
Immediate collaboration opportunity
Building on our core values of insight, heart and strength for nearly 25 years, we have firmly established ourselves as the undisputed leader in the language industry. This leadership is reflected in our commitment to the highest standards of professional, ethical and business conduct, and in the hundreds of clients we serve, each of which boasts unrivalled prestige in its field.
We are a partner like no other: the only large-scale language firm in the country which is owned and operated entirely by language professionals. Our experts have always been central to our mission.
This might be a great opportunity for you if you are a versatile language expert with at least five years’ experience revising translated texts in technical fields—especially rail and air transportation and mechanics—as well as good general knowledge. Attention to detail and strong research skills are a must.
You would be called on to exercise professional judgment in finding and choosing the information required to accurately revise a variety of documents. You would work in close collaboration with our Service Centre and Terminology Centre, and help maintain successful, professional relationships with clients.
- Revise texts in various technical fields, within established time frames and in keeping with Versacom’s and your profession’s stringent quality standards
- Conduct/validate required terminology and documentary research
- Maximize each text’s effectiveness in keeping with client objectives
- Working with the Service Centre, keep close track of current projects and deadlines
- Use management, research and translation-assistance tools judiciously
- Communicate effectively with Versacom staff
Education and skills
- University degree (bachelor’s or higher) in translation or a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in French-to-English translation
- Minimum of three years’ experience in French-to-English revision
- Solid understanding of technical fields such as rail and air transportation and mechanics, and some knowledge of other fields
- Strong writing and research skills and a demonstrated ability to apply them to revision
- Flawless command of the English language and excellent understanding of French—both verbal and written
- Proficiency in the tools commonly used in the language services industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Professionalism and a strong client focus
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- High level of efficiency and autonomy
- Flexibility to work on urgent projects
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Membership or plans to pursue membership in OTTIAQ or another professional association, an asset
*All fields are mandatory.