English translator position
This might be a great opportunity for you if you have at least seven years’ translation experience in a range of fields, particularly in the public, financial or environmental sectors, and have good general knowledge. We are looking for a versatile, detail-oriented individual with strong writing and documentary research skills.
As a member of our impressive team, you would be called on to exercise professional judgment in finding and choosing the information required to accurately translate a variety of documents, many of them specialized. You would be supported by a team leader and would also work closely with the Versacom Service Centre and help maintain successful, professional relationships with clients.
- Translate or adapt a variety of texts in various fields based on your areas of expertise (public sector, financial sector, environmental sector, etc.), within established time frames and in keeping with Versacom’s stringent quality standards.
- Conduct all terminology and other research required.
- Maximize each text’s effectiveness in keeping with client objectives.
- Working with the Service Centre, keep close track of current projects and deadlines.
- Make optimal use of translation-assistance, research and management tools.
Education and skills
- University degree (bachelor’s or higher) in translation (or a related field)
- At least seven years’ experience in professional translation
- Familiarity with a range of fields, ideally including the public, financial or environmental sectors
- High level of versatility
- Flawless command of English and excellent understanding of French
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues
- Proficiency in the tools commonly used in the language industry
- Strong research skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity
- High level of efficiency, autonomy and thoroughness
- Professionalism and a strong client focus
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous priorities
- Ideally, certification by an association of language professionals, or plans to become certified
Accepting a position at Versacom means:
- Choosing a renowned company that’s a leader in its market
- Adding valuable experience to your career path within a seasoned team
- Developing your skills, embracing technology and discovering new fields
- Actively contributing to the decisions and growth of the company and its team
- Receiving first-class training and contributing to the training of colleagues
- Entering a friendly work environment that’s conducive to teamwork
- Opening up to new career opportunities
- Flexible working conditions and a very competitive compensation package
- A full range of benefits from day one
- Full-time telework, according to individual preferences
- The possibility of out-of-country work and adapted schedules
- All the computer hardware you need at the office or at home
Total compensation at Versacom includes a number of benefits such as 4 weeks’ vacation to start, group insurance and a group RRSP, reimbursement of annual membership dues for professional language associations, telework, and internal and external training.
We need people like you
Are you a professional looking for a rewarding job with an employer that acknowledges your contributions? Care as much about your quality of life as you do about the quality of your work? Looking for a company with opportunities for advancement? If so, this is the place for you!
Versacom is a leader in the Canadian language industry and has set itself apart for over 25 years through the importance it places on client satisfaction and employee well-being. We are not just any employer: we are Canada’s only major language services firm owned and operated entirely by language professionals. Driven by the values of insight, heart and strength, our firm was built by language professionals from the ground up.
*All fields are mandatory.