This might be a great opportunity for you if you have at least five years’ experience revising translations and a solid background in a range of fields. We are looking for versatile, detail-oriented professionals with strong terminology and documentary research skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have an aptitude for tailoring their writing style to the client.
As a member of our impressive team, you would be called on to exercise professional judgment in finding and choosing the information required to revise a variety of documents. You would also work closely with the Versacom Service Centre and Terminology Centre and help maintain successful, professional relationships with clients.
- Revise a variety of documents within established time frames and in keeping with Versacom’s stringent quality standards.
- Validate terminology and sources cited, and conduct further research as required.
- Maximize each text’s strategic effectiveness in keeping with client objectives.
- Working with the Service Centre, keep close track of current projects and deadlines.
- Make optimal use of translation-assistance, research and management tools.
- Provide feedback to translators.
- Communicate effectively with Versacom’s collaborators and clients.
Education and skills
- University degree (bachelor’s or higher) in translation (or a related field)
- At least five years’ experience in professional translation
- At least five years’ experience revising French-to-English translations
- Familiarity with a broad range of fields
- Ability to translate, as needed
- Excellent writing and research skills and the ability to apply them to revision
- Flawless command of the English language and excellent understanding of French, verbal and written
- Proficiency in the tools commonly used in the language industry
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues
- Professionalism and a strong client focus
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and insatiable intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional attention to detail and conscientiousness
- High level of efficiency and autonomy
- Flexibility to handle urgent requests
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous priorities
- Certification by an association of language professionals, or plans to become certified
Accepting a position at Versacom means:
- Choosing a renowned company that’s a leader in its market
- Adding valuable experience to your career path within a seasoned team
- Developing your skills, embracing technology and discovering new fields
- Actively contributing to the decisions and growth of the company and its team
- Receiving first-class training and contributing to the training of colleagues
- Entering a friendly work environment that’s conducive to teamwork
- Opening up to new career opportunities
- Flexible working conditions and a very competitive compensation package
- A full range of benefits from day one
- Full-time telework, according to individual preferences
- The possibility of out-of-country work and adapted schedules
- All the computer hardware you need at the office or at home
We need people like you
Are you a professional looking for a rewarding job with an employer that acknowledges your contributions? Care as much about your quality of life as you do about the quality of your work? Looking for a company with opportunities for advancement? If so, this is the place for you!
Versacom is a leader in the Canadian language industry and has set itself apart for over 25 years through the importance it places on client satisfaction and employee well-being. We are not just any employer: we are Canada’s only major language services firm owned and operated entirely by language professionals. Driven by the values of insight, heart and strength, our firm was built by language professionals from the ground up.
*All fields are mandatory.